- You should regularly blow the nose to expel the phlegm.
- Do not consume colds drink and foods.
- Avoid smoking, as it leads to congestion and irritates the respiratory tract.
- Use a humidifier to control the mucus production.
- Avoid exposure to household cleaners, paint fumes, and hazardous chemicals, as they irritate the nose and throat.
- Do not swallow the phlegm or mucus, but gargle and spit it out to accelerate the healing process.
- Consume spicy foods such as garlic and peppers to thin the mucus and break up the congestion.